Getting Cheaper Cellular Service, using your present carrier

Saul

Hi!

My family uses AT&T wireless for our mobile service.  I discovered that Consumer Cellular -- a really cheap cellular service -- uses AT&T's cellular network for its service.  So, if you're currently on AT&T -- as I and my family are  -- and I take all 3 smartphones to a Target store, they'll remove our sim cards and replace them with Consumer Cellular sim cards.  There will be no change in our service -- the mobile bill for all three of our phones will drop to between 1/3 and 1/2 of the current.

Similarly, for those on Verizon, Spectrum Mobile uses the Verizon network -- just having spectrum take out your Verizon sim cards and put in their own, and your fee drops to $30 per phone, unlimited data.

Also, if you use T-mobile for wireless service, Consumer Cellular can alternatively put you on that network -- go to target, and they'll make the switch for you.

😀

--  Saul

I use Tello which was a Sprint MVNO but now is T-Mobile after the merger.  I was somewhat annoyed because I'm now paying about double for service from before.  I used to spend $10 about every 6 months and now it is every 3 months.  The prices actually didn't go up, still the same cost per text, minute or megabyte but they now require a purchase every 3 months if not on a monthly plan and $10 is the smallest recharge. The downside is I'm now using my phone a lot more to use up the extra service I'm paying for but don't really need.

Consumer Cellular uses both the AT&T and T-mobile networks.  If you join Consumer Cellular, simply request that they use T-mobile for your account.  Switch your sim for the Consumer Cellular sim, and your phone will have exactly the same features as before, same network, but no contract, and much cheaper.

--  Saul