Jump to content
Vishranth Rg

Do I count as being on a CRON diet almost my entire life?

Recommended Posts

Hi folks, 

I'm 20year old M medical student, who's 52 kgs and 174 cm for the past 5 years. I have never been above bmi >18.5 my whole life as far as I can remember. I ate a South Asian Indian cuisine for my entire life. I currently on a vegan one for 2 years and was vegetarian for 3 years prior to being vegan. I eat around 2000cal a day and fairly active with body weight exercises every day like sqauts pull ups and push ups. Please do feel to add a critique so I can improve further to maybe break the 120 xD

 

Edited by Vishranth Rg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've thrived so far, without health problems, then it means you are genetically predisposed to a CRON regime, which provides indisputable benefits for healthspan and longevity.

No critique is possible since you didn't provide details on your dietary intake. Also, do you monitor the main metabolic parameters (fasting blood glucose, blood lipids, blood pressure) and blood works?

First thing you should do is to track your diet by the cronometer app, then check your blood works and parameters, if everything is alright then you can sure go on with no concerns about deficiencies. Please note that by following a vegan diet you may more easily incur deficiencies.

In your case, I suspect you are on the lower statistical percentiles of daily requirements, so some below the RDA value of nutrients should not be so much of a worry, as long as all the blood and homeostatic parameters are all right.

Edited by mccoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mccoy said:

If you've thrived so far, without health problems, then it means you are genetically predisposed to a CRON regime, which provides indisputable benefits for healthspan and longevity.

No critique is possible since you didn't provide details on your dietary intake. Also, do you monitor the main metabolic parameters (fasting blood glucose, blood lipids, blood pressure) and blood works?

First thing you should do is to track your diet by the cronometer app, then check your blood works and parameters, if everything is alright then you can sure go on with no concerns about deficiencies. Please note that by following a vegan diet you may more easily incur deficiencies.

In your case, I suspect you are on the lower statistical percentiles of daily requirements, so some below the RDA value of nutrients should not be so much of a worry, as long as all the blood and homeostatic parameters are all right.

Hi Mccoy, 

Thanks for your reply xD. 

I'll link my recent blood and nutrition work below.

Please feel free to address some healthy options. OwO

I haven't mention the vegetables other than carrot🥕. Usually it's of onions garlic and beans or cabbage or beetroot or cauliflower or squash etc.., 

And also vitamin mk7 supplement 55mcg.

IMG-20210204-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210204-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210204-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210204-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210204-WA0005.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-28-16-09-54-390_com.cronometer.android.gold.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-28-16-09-49-977_com.cronometer.android.gold.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-28-16-09-02-040_com.cronometer.android.gold.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-28-16-07-43-928_com.cronometer.android.gold.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-28-16-07-12-648_com.cronometer.android.gold.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-28-16-06-18-945_com.cronometer.android.gold.jpg

Edited by Vishranth Rg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Vishranth for your diligence, the main metabolic parameters are all very well, although there appear to be a few details to refine, for example, you might drink some calcium-rich water, your vitamin D supplementation is probably on the low side, you might eat sunflower oil or some vegetable oils with tocopherols, you definitely need more green leaf vegetables, your phylloquinone or K1 is too low, vitamin C is strangely below RDA, I just had a cursory look at the data, all other things, including EAAs, seem to be all right, but I should come back.

LDL and lipids are also very good, I think with the due refinements you are a candidate for a long healthspan and probably longevity.

Edited by mccoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mccoy said:

Congratulations Vishranth for your diligence, the main metabolic parameters are all very well, although there appear to be a few details to refine, for example, you might drink some calcium-rich water, your vitamin D supplementation is probably on the low side, you might eat sunflower oil or some vegetable oils with tocopherols, you definitely need more green leaf vegetables, your phylloquinone or K1 is too low, vitamin C is strangely below RDA, I just had a cursory look at the data, all other things, including EAAs, seem to be all right, but I should come back.

LDL and lipids are also very good, I think with the due refinements you are a candidate for a long healthspan and probably longevity.

Thank you❤ McCoy, 

I have decided to buy 5000IU vitamin d with 100mcg vitamin c chewable supplement. 

Currently my dietary vitamin c is at 50 mcg. So I decided on taking the supplement 2days once. What are your thoughts on dosage and frequency of the supplements I plan on following? 

Also I am confused in the Vitamin d3 per day quantities. Is 2500 IU per day sufficient? 

I forgot to mention other vegetables I consume with carrots every day as they are varied so maybe my intestinal bacteria does the job to give me vitamin k xD

I'm eagerly looking forward to your reply. OwO ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vishranth Rg said:

I forgot to mention other vegetables I consume with carrots every day as they are varied so maybe my intestinal bacteria does the job to give me vitamin k xD

Ignoring vegetables may be the cause for the deficiencies in C and K1 seen on cronometer, but it also depends on the quantities, you may estimate average quantities on an average day (for example, 700 gr squash per week constitutes 100 g squash per day and so on....

Usually 2000 IUs of D3 is taken as a suggested daily dose, although it may take more to take it up to within range values. I'd say 2500 IUs is sufficient but one aspect is important, chewable D3 often is not effective, whereas fluid supplements (drops) of D3 are best. Another reason for your low amount may be that  D3 is fat soluble, so it should be taken together with some fats, which you ingest in very little amounts (suggestion: put D3 drops in a teaspoon of vegetable oil).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Vishranth Rg said:

Also I am confused in the Vitamin d3 per day quantities. Is 2500 IU per day sufficient? 

I forgot to mention other vegetables I consume with carrots every day as they are varied so maybe my intestinal bacteria does the job to give me vitamin k xD

Unless you leave your mushroom in the sun or buy UV-exposed ones, you are not getting D from vegetables.

It's the Sun 🙂

I'd start lower, maybe 1000 D every other day or so. You need to move to 30-40 (some say higher, but I'd be cautious) and this will probably do the trick. Maybe less in the summer, if you spend time outside. It also depends on one's complexion, among other things. But you are still young and capable of producing enough D with exposure of an hour or so.

Are you doing physical exercise? Your ferritin is up there at the high end of normal (although it varies by the lab).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mccoy said:

Ignoring vegetables may be the cause for the deficiencies in C and K1 seen on cronometer, but it also depends on the quantities, you may estimate average quantities on an average day (for example, 700 gr squash per week constitutes 100 g squash per day and so on....

Usually 2000 IUs of D3 is taken as a suggested daily dose, although it may take more to take it up to within range values. I'd say 2500 IUs is sufficient but one aspect is important, chewable D3 often is not effective, whereas fluid supplements (drops) of D3 are best. Another reason for your low amount may be that  D3 is fat soluble, so it should be taken together with some fats, which you ingest in very little amounts (suggestion: put D3 drops in a teaspoon of vegetable oil).

Thanks for the tip xD. I'll note down the vegetables intake for the week and divide by 7 to add in the daily calculations for more accurate information. 

I forgot to mention that my vitamin d level of 21.8 ng/ml was before starting to supplement. I still don't have a test result after the start of supplementation and it's been a little bit over an year now since. I may soon get a blood test to update my supplement effectivity probably in early 2022.

I don't know why I was vitamin d insufficient in spite of living in 11°N latitude but it seems like a majority of healthy living population in my region seem to be asymptomatic to any kind of vitamin d deficiency. It feels like a paradox where people living in equator have some of the highest level of deficiency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ron Put said:

Unless you leave your mushroom in the sun or buy UV-exposed ones, you are not getting D from vegetables.

It's the Sun 🙂

I'd start lower, maybe 1000 D every other day or so. You need to move to 30-40 (some say higher, but I'd be cautious) and this will probably do the trick. Maybe less in the summer, if you spend time outside. It also depends on one's complexion, among other things. But you are still young and capable of producing enough D with exposure of an hour or so.

Are you doing physical exercise? Your ferritin is up there at the high end of normal (although it varies by the lab).

Hey Ron, 

I typically spend around 15 mins minimum at an uv index of not lower than 6 or 7 in a day currently as I live in 11°N latitude. I don't use sunscreen and am in type 4 of Fitzpatrick scale. I'm really scared of the uv index here as mostly goes to >8 on midday so I usually resort to supplements for currently to get vitamin d and avoid skin cancer xD. 

I also have high levels of billirubin at 1.22mg/ dl which is above normal range owo.But I do exercise fairly frequently usually body weight exercises 3* a week. In fact I exercised just one hour before the blood test in fasted state which is messed up ig. I'm kinda hit a plateau with muscle gains with body weight exercises. I currently do

20*piston squats on each leg.

50*dumbbell squats . 

5*one arm push ups on both arm. 

12 pull ups, 3 muscle ups and 6 dips. 

I am only 52 kg and 174 cm. Do you think I should probably start going to gym for weighted exercises? To probably reach 62 kg maybe so I can jump to a healthy bmi within my 20s..? 

Edited by Vishranth Rg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2021 at 8:59 AM, Vishranth Rg said:

I am only 52 kg and 174 cm. Do you think I should probably start going to gym for weighted exercises? To probably reach 62 kg maybe so I can jump to a healthy bmi within my 20s..? 

Resistance exercise will benefit anyway, it's advised by Longo, Fontana and many other eminent longevity researchers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2022 at 2:27 AM, mccoy said:

Resistance exercise will benefit anyway, it's advised by Longo, Fontana and many other eminent longevity researchers.

Yay I started exercises along with calorie surplus to build some muscle. I hope to gain 8-10 kgs of muscle to reach a bmi of 20 maybe. After gaining considerable muscle mass I hope to maintain it with minimum required calories. Currently did a 1kg weight gain in less than a month xD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×