Does anyone remember an issue of perhaps Scientific American or Time devoted to CR?

pete533

This issue  I believe was in the 90's.  I had the issue at one time, but no longer do.  Does anyone remember it or what it was called? I am not sure if it was a total Calorie Restriction issue or an Anti-Aging issue with with Calorie Restriction as the main topic.  I would like to attain this issue, if anyone remembers it or what it was called. 

I went to the Scientific American website and couldn't find anything close.  I am not even sure if they will sell an old individual issue with purchasing a $199 dollar digital subscription

It may have been one of those Time special issues about a topic that they have from time to time.  

I can't seem to recall a whole issue on CR.

Might you be thinking of this interview by Alan Alda with Roy Walford for Scientific American Frontiers? 

https://web.archive.org/web/20100515111912/https://www.pbs.org/saf/1110/segments/1110-4.htm

Here is the video from the episode. 

Let us know if you find what you are looking for! 

--Dean 

On 2/14/2023 at 4:27 PM, Dean Pomerleau said:

Alan Alda was a very cool dude

That's awesome that you were on the show!!  Veering off topic, but did you see the full self driving superbowl ad?  😉

It was made by billionaire Dan O’Dowd who has his own competing self driving software from what I understand (?)

Edited by Gordo

Yes I saw it. Musk is irresponsible with so-called 'Autopilot' and so-called 'Full Self-driving" so I agree with D'Dowd that more than should be done to regulate Tesla.

As I understand it O'Dowd doesn't sell self-driving software per se, but the company he owns (Green Hill Software) sells embedded, low-level safety and security software (operating systems) to a range of companies deveoping safety critical systems, including Telsa competitors in the areas of self-driving cars.