An epiphany about CR...

AliciaHollywood

It suddenly just occurred to me that basically everyone I know practices CR without being aware that it has a name, a group or a web page. I live in the trendiest part of LA where everyone is skinny and an aspiring or working actor/actress/model and the normal lifestyle is CR. Everyone eats healthy, works out, and keeps their calories low. If it weren't for all the partying and drugs, I think LA people would be among the healthiest in the world lol.. When people are discussing 1200 calories as being "low" I'm surprised because that's considered pretty normal and it's only when you get under 500 calories that you're talking about restriction... Even so, I rarely see people actually counting calories or weighing things... They just shop at Whole Foods, know what's healthy, eat in small amounts, do yoga, Pilates, whatever and it's never given a name, it's just really normal... We recently had a state measure on our ballot about whether companies had to list if their foods were genetically engineered because CA is almost a cliche when it comes to being health freaks... So now I'm thinking that CR is just living a normal LA lifestyle and wondering if celebrities will end up being the oldest people on the planet... B)

It suddenly just occurred to me that basically everyone I know practices CR without being aware that it has a name, a group or a web page. I live in the trendiest part of LA where everyone is skinny and an aspiring or working actor/actress/model and the normal lifestyle is CR. Everyone eats healthy, works out, and keeps their calories low. If it weren't for all the partying and drugs, I think LA people would be among the healthiest in the world lol.. When people are discussing 1200 calories as being "low" I'm surprised because that's considered pretty normal and it's only when you get under 500 calories that you're talking about restriction... Even so, I rarely see people actually counting calories or weighing things... They just shop at Whole Foods, know what's healthy, eat in small amounts, do yoga, Pilates, whatever and it's never given a name, it's just really normal... We recently had a state measure on our ballot about whether companies had to list if their foods were genetically engineered because CA is almost a cliche when it comes to being health freaks... So now I'm thinking that CR is just living a normal LA lifestyle and wondering if celebrities will end up being the oldest people on the planet... B)

You may think that it's CR when really it's Dietary Restriction (DR). DR doesn't take essential nutrients into consideration and so people often have deficiencies that show up later. Also nobody really lives for any considerable period of time on 500 calories. It's just too low and very dangerous because it can easily result in heart arrhythmia and other similar problems. A CR lifestyle is carefully balanced to avoid such dangers and is backed up by medical tests to be sure that what you're taking in is adequate.

There are certain indicators that you are successfully implementing CR. Lowered body temperature, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, lower blood cell counts, lower inflammatory markers are among those seen most often. Robust health and energy are often reported too. Heart disease and diabetes are very rare in long time CR practitioners and cancer probabilities seem to be much reduced. If you're not seeing this in the population you're looking at, then likely they're not doing CR.

Archived