Maintaining Weight on CR

FusionHalo

Hey everyone,

I'm a 22 year old male at about 5 feet and 8 inches with a weight of 115-118 lbs. My BMI appears to be 17.5, and my family/friends constantly complain that I look anorexic. Is there any healthy way to try and gain more weight? I've always been one of those people who are just naturally skinny. I can eat a whole cheesecake and seem to burn more calories digesting the cheesecake than were actually in it.

Any tips would great. :)

Hmmmm....

That's odd!

I'm just the opposite -- if I eat just a little extra -- such as a little more tofu, or even too much raw salad with vinegar -- my weight jumps 2 pounds or so.

Perhaps you have an unusually fast metabolism -- or, as I suspect, your body is being inefficient in digesting food into calories. That's the opposite of

what usually happens on a CRON diet.

However, you're not alone -- at least one distinguished, universally respected member of the Cr Society -- Michael Rae -- was also very skinny before starting

CR, and currently weighs in the teens -- but his BMI, although enviable, isn't as low as yours.

The downside: It's POSSIBLE that something is physically wrong -- one very unlikely possibility: roundworms or other parasites.

Unlikely as that is, it might be a good idea to see a competent GP to rule out something like this.

Anyway, welcome!

Someone will know more than I do!

(Many).

:)

-- Saul

Archived