Guidance Needed

Gilbert

Hi I am a 31 year-old male, weighing 62kg, and a height of 5 ft 7", waistline 26cm. I am planning to start CR and I am worried about nutrients deficiency.

Here are my daily intake of foods (lunch and dinner). I have been maintaining this diet for about 7 months.

2 Cups of Broccoli (Sometimes switched for lettuce or bok choy)

1 Whole Tomato

1 Whole Carrot

3 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg ( I want to retain some muscle)

1/2 Papaya (500g)

1/2 Pitaya (Dragon Fruit)

1/2 Lemon (Squeezed for juice)

1 Cup of Green Tea

1/2 Red Onion

2 Bowl of white rice (Sometimes switched for spaghetti with olive oil)

If I am going on CR, i think i have to lose the rice, as it is very filling, and add flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. I plan blend them into powder, mix them in a drink and gush it down.

My question is : How will I ever get all the nutrients I need? I have to eat much much more veggie? Should I take supplements also?

Hi Gilbert. my first advice is for you to read the Cr books and as much information as you can. In answer to your question if you down load cron-o-meter which is free and enter your food daily it will tell you which nutrients you are deficient in and you can proceed from there.

You may then be able to manipulate your foods to ensure you get the required nutrients and make a decision on supplementation based on these facts.

White rice isnt a low gi food and probably not one most cr folk would eat? i would suggest a low gi type carbohydrate source instead but take slow steps, and your diet will develop as you go along.

I believe cron-o-meter or a similar nutritional tool is essential for a person beginning cr. Just my thoughts, good luck Paul

Archived