Vegan CRON

atiko

HI! I'm Francisco from Argentina, and I'm 22 years old. Also I'm vegan (vegetarian, with no diary, egg, etc) Do you think a Vegan CRON can be healthy as a omnivurus CRON? Sorry for my poor english :P

Hi Francisco, I've been doing a near vegan version of CRON for about 2 years now. As long as I make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals, then my CRON seems to be healthy so far. My diet also contains no dairy, egg or meat or fish, but I do eat quorn meat substitute which has a small amount of egg in it. I recently went to the CR Society meeting and saw about 50 CRON people and several of them were vegetarian/vegan. They looked pretty healthy to me. Even the omni version of a healthy CR diet only allows a small amount of meat. It's my belief that the vegan CRON practicioners will have lower bone loss and less inflammation than the omni diet. So few people do this diet, that there's not enough people to do a good scientific study of vegan CRON vs omni CRON. Best of luck to you. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Archived