What is your typical daily diet?

huntingbears

I'm new to calorie restriction but I am currently practicing a paleo type diet of meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, fruit and nuts

I'm interested in reducing my calories but staying within a paleo framework

How does a typical daily diet look like for you guys? How often a day do you eat? At what times?

There is such little information regarding this way of eating, I can't find much on the net personally so any advice advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I'm interested in reducing my calories but staying within a paleo framework

You will eventually have to make a decision about lowering your protein intake on CR.

How does a typical daily diet look like for you guys? How often a day do you eat? At what times?

Here is my quotidian diet.

There is such little information regarding this way of eating, I can't find much on the net personally so any advice advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Have you read the new edition of Brian Delaney's book The Longevity Diet? It's the best CR intro available, and the recipes look very good indeed with few exceptions. You should also read Roy Walford's Beyond the 120 Year Diet, which is foundational altho' out of date and with a bunch of buggered-up references.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bret Jondaughter

Morning- Sometimes a bowl of cereal or if i feel fat then fruit

Lunch- A PB and J sandwich (white bread) with a banana and a luna bar

snack- candy or chocolate

dinner- chicken or something fatty

dessert- a huge bowl of ice cream

Sounds like a....healthy CR diet.

Guest HappyMe

Hello, I also eat a paleo-based diet. My diet evolution went from a pretty good standard American diet -> non-fat raw vegetarian, ended up in poor health, so -> mostly raw paleo -> CRON paleoesque, where I have been for over 5 years. I'm a 45-yr-old woman.

My daily diets looks like this:

1 good quality beer (beer is actually supposed to be better than wine for older women due to the silicone from hops increasing bone density)

then breakfast (~8AM):

3oz meat (jerky, canned oysters, or sashimi, usually)

3oz cheese

several raw egg yolks

half cup of fresh vegetables

midday (~1PM):

handful of dried fruit

handful of soaked almonds

Dinner is the big meal of the day (~6PM):

1/4 cup rice

1 egg yolk

1 tablespoon ghee

6oz tuna

half cup fresh herb salad (parsley, oregano, etc)

~or~

1/4 cup oven browned potatoes

blue cheese crumbles

1 tablespoon chicken fat

6oz beef steak

half cup fresh herb salad (parsley, oregano, etc)

It's the same basic formula every day. The breakdown is around 1600 calories per day. I arrived at this diet after experimenting and finding that 100g fat and 100g protein per day was where I felt healthy and satiated. Then I filled in the balance of my calorie allotment first with vegetables, then fruits, for vitamins.

I have maintained my weight and fitness level on this diet over the years.

I found that the concept of "paleo" - like all modern concepts - has become a buzzword rather than a descriptor or signifier the way language is intended to be. For example, most paleo diets do not approve of cheese because it's "processed." However, cheese originally was discovered, and in great quantities, in the stomachs of calves - obviously a widely available paleo food. It is a natural cultured food and a very good source of calcium, fat, and beneficial enzymes and flora. So I recommend that you think critically about nutrition and satiation as you craft a diet that suits you.

• 1 month later...

My daily diets looks like this:

1 good quality beer (beer is actually supposed to be better than wine for older women due to the silicone from hops increasing bone density)

then breakfast (~8AM):

Are you starting your day off with a beer before breakfast? I'm curious as to your reasoning.

Hi, I'm brand new to this, but I just came up with my own formula that I'm pretty sure is a bit extreme for long term but good for short term and losing a few pounds that I recently gained. I think it should cover all the basic nutrients while being extremely low cal: 1 bottle of water with a scoop of green powder, a scoop of red powder, a packet of Emergency Multi vitamins and 1 tbs chia seeds and turkey (fresh not packaged) with 1 tbs coconut oil with cayenne, cumin, garlic and black pepper, heated in microwave. I'm having this once a day at around 5:30 to combine with the benefits of short term fasting. I doubt I will be able to do this very long, but I think it should be nutritious enough for short term until I get back to my normal weight, then I'll add in more veggies and fruit, and my two weaknesses, Kashi crunchy granola bars and white wine (I only drink socially, never alone, but I'm pretty social!) Of course also lots of water and sometimes Vitamin water Zero

Archived