Advice needed

Elisheba

I'm fascinated with CR and I try to learn more about optimal nutrition.

I've been using cronometer.com for a month and I thought I was doing great.

But I think I've been restricting too much because last week I fainted after a workout. ( I've been eating less than 1000 kcal)

I will do some blood tests but I started eating more (around 1600 -1800 kcal).

I think I approached this the wrong way.

I'm fascinated with CR and I try to learn more about optimal nutrition.

I've been using cronometer.com for a month and I thought I was doing great.

But I think I've been restricting too much because last week I fainted after a workout. ( I've been eating less than 1000 kcal)

I will do some blood tests but I started eating more (around 1600 -1800 kcal).

I think I approached this the wrong way.

Changes must be made gradually to allow your body time to adjust. Eating less than 1000 kcals is really not recommended unless you're 5'0 or less. Also do not let your BMI fall lower than 18.5. If you do then you're just asking for trouble. It's really difficult to get all your nutrients into your diet with that few calories to play with. Never change your diet by more than 100 kcals at one time. Make changes like substituting foods one by one and maybe only 50 kcals worth. There's really no need to hurry with this. After all you're going to live a lot longer anyway just from eating a very healthy diet.

FYI My wife is 5' 0" tall and eats 1100 kcals often when she wants to keep her weight steady. When she's been breaking her CR diet too much, then she cuts to 850 kcals to lose weight which usually lasts only a couple of days. We've found that if she dips below 84 lbs then she feels too low energy. When she gets heavier than 92 lbs, then she thinks it's time to put on the brakes and slow down the accumulation of fats. Most of the time she spends between 89 and 91 lbs and is quite happy at that weight. She has enough energy to play 3 hrs of badminton on the weekends, go hiking with me 6 - 8 miles, and walk to work 1 hr each day (round trip) in addition to all the normal daily activities. So being a small boned individual, a BMI of 18 is ok for her. She has no eating issues at all and will easily eat a vast quantity of food when she has a will to do so. She's been successful with her CRON lifestyle and I hope that you can be too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived