Health and Diet Bloggers under attack

Robert Cavanaugh

Could have far reaching implications for health and diet related web sites:

"Paleo-diet blogger Steve Cooksey is not the only one who’s been censored by the North Carolina Board of Nutrition/Dietetics. "

"According to a document the board released to Carolina Journal, it has investigated nearly 50 people or organizations over the past five years, including athletic trainers, a nurse, a pharmacist, a spa, and even Duke Integrative Medicine. All have been accused of the same crime — “practicing nutrition” without a license."

more....

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=9589

Is Big Brother watching...?

Bob

Guest PumaBearclan

There seems to be a movement toward direct control over the bodies of US citizens.

Take this article for example:

Employers turn to wellness programs to put health premiums in check

My employer's health care program includes a wellness module, whereby we must complete regular surveys and view educational material about the diet recommended by the government (a low-fat carbohydrate-based diet with fibrous grain foods as the staple followed by produce.) The questions are outrageous and intrusive. For example, when I answered that I eat no margarine or salad dressing, I was advised by the software tutorial to eat more heart-healthy fats. I have been very disturbed by this program for some time now, especially since health insurance will soon be a mandate. The private insurer collects this data; if I'm "non-compliant" with the diet protocol, it is conceivable that they could refuse to cover medical services or charge me "lifestyle fees" for services. So far I've been able to answer only about 20% of the questions on the questionnaires and still have my participation counted. However, each year the program gets more stringent.

Yes, Big Brother is watching, and you will eat the subsidized grains and produce or pay the consequences.

There seems to be a movement toward direct control over the bodies of US citizens.

Take this article for example:

Employers turn to wellness programs to put health premiums in check

My employer's health care program includes a wellness module, whereby we must complete regular surveys and view educational material about the diet recommended by the government (a low-fat carbohydrate-based diet with fibrous grain foods as the staple followed by produce.) The questions are outrageous and intrusive. For example, when I answered that I eat no margarine or salad dressing, I was advised by the software tutorial to eat more heart-healthy fats. I have been very disturbed by this program for some time now, especially since health insurance will soon be a mandate. The private insurer collects this data; if I'm "non-compliant" with the diet protocol, it is conceivable that they could refuse to cover medical services or charge me "lifestyle fees" for services. So far I've been able to answer only about 20% of the questions on the questionnaires and still have my participation counted. However, each year the program gets more stringent.

Yes, Big Brother is watching, and you will eat the subsidized grains and produce or pay the consequences.

I suggest entering whatever garbage the software wants so that it will decide that you eat a healthy diet.

-- Saul

Guest PumaBearclan

I suggest entering whatever garbage the software wants so that it will decide that you eat a healthy diet.

-- Saul

I considered that ;) But that would be a breach of the pledge we are required to sign each year! If discovered would cost me not only my insurance policy but maybe legal trouble? Who knows how destructive this situation could become. I would love to just buy a major medical plan but we shopped around and the price is astronomical; health insurance has become so married to employment that an ordinary person can't afford it.

Archived