Glycanage

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11135-022-01543-1

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sageke.2004.16.pe16

It's the complexity loss...

IgG-Fc Glycosylation in Humans and in Autoimmunity

When analyzing normal IgG repertoire in normal human serum it is found that the overall total glycosylation pattern is, although heterogeneous, generally quite constant, with high fucosylation (96%), low bisection (8%), intermediate galactosylation (40%), and low sialylation (4%) (13). Age and gender are two factors that were found to be correlated with the overall IgG glycosylation patterns. The main variations consist of a decrease in average galactosylation and sialylation and slight increase in bisection associated with higher age (13). The degree of fucosylation is almost 100% shortly after birth (when maternal antibodies have dissipated), after which levels of IgG fucosylation gradually reach ~96% around 20 years of age (14). Infection status, BMI, and epigenetic influences also seem to alter total IgG glycosylation (1517).

==

From a chart I saw, it correlates most highly with FEV (lung capacity). it also correlates moderately highly with the proteomic/metabolomic indices of aging, and 0 with Hannum/Horvath

Lipsitz and Goldberger (37) have suggested that normal human aging is associated with a loss of complexity in a variety of fractal-like anatomic structures and physiological processes. This loss of complexity is manifest as degradation in fractal scaling (for example, breakdown in bone trabecular architecture or loss of 1/f scaling of cardiac interval time series); narrowing of a frequency response (for example, loss of the ability to hear high-frequency sounds); loss of long-range correlations in time series data (for example, cardiac interval, BP, or stride interval time series); increased randomness or stochastic activity (for example, cardiac intervals or postural sway trajectories); or greater periodicity [for example, slow, regular, electroencephalographic waves (electrical activity produced by the brain)]. Using a variety of measures that employ fractal analysis, aging has been shown to be associated with a loss of complexity in BP (29), respiratory cycle (10), stride interval (26), and postural sway dynamics (38).

You can have complexity loss while still being free of most of the "top causes of death" biomarkers... I mean, a lot of this is related to gero.ai.. (though gero.ai doesn't quantify it *all* well, it's best with a polar HRV)../.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s43587-022-00252-6

Edited by InquilineKea

• 3 weeks later...

Krištić et al.129 observed changes in the N-glycosylation pattern of serum IgG protein, which predicted age in multiple European cohorts. Moreover, IgG glycan age correlated with clinical markers of metabolic health129. IgG N-glycosylation has been further associated with metabolic indicators of health, including insulin levels, body mass index, triglyceride levels and type 2 diabetes mellitus, in additional studies. Merleev et al.130 used mass spectrometry methods to examine the concentration of 159 glycans on 17 common glycoproteins in plasma, which also showed promise as an ageing clock, although results were not validated in an independent cohort nor associated with any ageing phenotypes.

I had so many nut binges this year and was often in caloric excess (I often was after my serious accident in June 2022 - I was often surprisingly underweight before this), and had to cut out a lot of calories lately [in part b/c I finally found semaglutide]. And it showed in a test I had this year...... My first-generation blood biomarkers never change, but some of the 2nd-gen ones do...

Edited by InquilineKea