What are the risks of getting parasitic or amoeba/protozoa infections/worms from eating raw vegetables, esp in the US/Canada or EU?

I know the risk is way higher in undeveloped countries and the US is "presumably safe", but how much?

[in response to post below: It was an Italian in Milan who warned me of this, though in underdeveloped countries]

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20220423/Disease-causing-amoebas-that-live-on-organic-leafy-vegetables-could-be-a-threat-to-public-health.aspx

{"Moreover, the FLA species Vermamoeba vermiformis that commonly causes severe infections in humans was found in a fifth (19%) of vegetable samples; and Acanthamoeba castellanii, that can cause blindness and encephalitis were identified in almost two thirds (63%) of samples." => IN VALENCIA

Edited by InquilineKea

In Italy, presently they are pretty low, I've been eating raw salads and veggies for years and no parasites that I know. About 60 years ago, I remember having some very small intestinal worms when I was a young boy. In English I believe they are called pinworms. Hygiene was presumably poorer than now and kids are notoriously not too fussy with washing and cleaning. In some underdeveloped areas, I think it's a whole different ballgame. Excrements are probably often used as a fertilizer. Maybe even human excrements. Gutters are just open channels where waters flow into open-air pools of sewage. 

• Alex K Chen changed the title to What are the risks of getting parasitic or amoeba/protozoa infections/worms from eating raw vegetables, esp in the US/Canada or EU?