Longevity supplements - bundles/cocktails

mccoy

I know and I agree, that taking specific supplements is probably the least important of all the things antiaging, but...

There are supplements, or better supplements formulas which are designed with a specific effect on pro-longevity signals, like autophagy and so on.

I don't know many of them, the best I know is the Novos Core, a project where MAtt Kabaerlein among other has been involved.

My question: do you guys know any specific design similar to the Novos core, with its 12 molecules.

Fisetin · Glycine · Pterostilbene · Rhodiola Rosea · Micro-dosed Lithium · Calcium keto glutarate . elemental lithium and more

https://novoslabs.com/ingredients/

Edited by mccoy

Hm, for the sake of curiosity checked the links they use to persuade.

Nope, it does not cost even 0.95c per dose, 950usd year subscription is something I would say - the more money person has the more advanced quackery is available to her)

Some components are obviously useful and known for decades, some known to be sold as individual supplements with probably zero measurable effect in the real life and some I would name "resveratrology 2.0".

I had seen similar packages in the past and they often contained alpha-lipoic acid with some bullshit-bingo about mitochondrias surrounding it. However this component is a part of energy-related metabolism and IMHO could make sense to supplement it (unless there will be an easy test to be sure it makes no sense to do this) because it is tricky to assess the needs/availability (for me at least). I am supplementing it with no effect measurable. I also recently started li-orotate for the reasons - I do not consume any sources of it and small doses are just to add it to the balance our bodies evolved in (if it makes any sense, it has no easy to pinpoint function but participates in many things with roles thought as unimportant).

My doubts are imho offcourse, I am just suspicious about all the molecules that "can do something good" because they were tested with 500mg/kg dosage in highly sophisticated artificially constructed defective mouse models and this is sold to us as "proof". Just because it is too early to productize such things as a tool to do something good for us.

Br,

Igor

Edited by IgorF

An interesting story by Michael Rae just recently posted on some aspects of senescence studies, sheds some light on the real world problems usually not discussed by salesmen and biohacking optimists:

https://www.sens.org/senolytics-muscle-cure-worse-than-disease/

My IMHO is - given that usually it takes something like 2 decades from discovering of something really working to the first versions of a mature product available to the wide public I could expect that some of the thousands of molecules being known as having affinities to some receptors on the cells will be useful in a few years from the moment we will invent a working targeting technique to deliver them to exact places we want. This will probably fix the solid tumors (or will "welcome us to the next level") and enable to really act on crossroads like mtor and other similar things that are overhyped but are defacto not actionable without controlling drug delivery. This will be a serious leap towards real longevity which will raise the next very tough problem - brain and (an illusion of) consciousness continuity. Without this leap it is unlikely that current trial-and-error technique will bring to us some remarkable gains.

But that offcourse is just an opinion and in the area where chances to be wrong are almost 100%)))

Br,

Igor

Edited by IgorF