How do you get your potassium

Saintor

I relatively eat a lot of potatoes, bananas and beans, but according to MyFitnessPal, this accounts to less than 1500mg of the 3500.  I wonder if some people here take potassium supplements?  It is hard to get 2000mpg K supplements by caplets.   Going in powder might be a better option; 10g of potassium bicarbonate brings you 3906mg according to this one not offered as a supplement, but for cooking;

https://www.amazon.ca/Bicarbonate-Food-Grade-Crystalline-Elos-Premium/dp/B09ZTPGBX8/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3OBYKM8AXYZ76&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.mNqQFo_CrZAF7JCvauupNNLeK0VZYpW8RBga5x34aNyzbYAHqxBaj5ChePjxsHOWUL-026X4F_NltXuDOqBrjO7qvYQ_OH9n9V0wJAk2oVBmdH92GLrwSxBhjE9TR9B4FS9bNDg14FdVIfhzMWP3jvIy4vbAG8N28GDbvC5KBlwM5lLHHGohVAxQNQGAlDJoQbADgeIXwYjznq7Lo0jDXljKzNyrxlRuL0SKyR-sunBjKKawNvGR-9DRegJIvockeNx8g4GqnAOyyKKbg7pJvCMm3nNsMLsEakGJnw6qW_8.AKHwvpA333rJooKBBS2qNHjFKv34DS5LxvW8Rx-0gzc&dib_tag=se&keywords=potassium+powder&qid=1711324337&sprefix=potassium+powder%2Caps%2C107&sr=8-6

But it would be my 7th regular  powder to take lol!  Or I could use it in my cooking if K doesn't get destroyed by the heat...

Edited by Saintor

Hm,

cronometer reports for me the top contributors for today like:

Paprika                                       592.8 mg         17%
Oranges, Raw                            570.2 mg         17%
Honeydew Melon, Raw              513 mg            15%
Apple, Fresh, With Skin             443 mg             13%
Grapes, Raw                              416.4 mg         12%
Red Bell Peppers, Raw              405.1 mg         12%
Chicory Greens, Raw                 394.8 mg         12%
Strawberries, Raw                      355 mg            10%
Dates, Dried                                347.7 mg        10%
Napa Cabbage, Raw                  347.5 mg         10%

with

total                                            8820 mg           259%

(in reality I have more, e.g. from 6 spoons of tomato passata for which cronometer has no values reported)

For the sake of curiosity just selected all the leafs/greens/cruciferous stuff for a day - almost 2 grams of potassium comes from 600 grams of it.

Br,

Igor