A natural CR

Wharrgarbl

Hi,all!

I've been on an exciting health journey over the last half decade, simply doing what my body asks for. First, it asked to leave out beef, then pork, then chicken, too. I was pescatarian for a while, then vegetarian. I became vegan a year ago and raw vegan this summer. I feel my general overall vibration rising exponentially--if it were plotted on a graph, the line would shoot up into the sky from left to right!

I thought at first that the sudden drop in calories would be a problem but I've actually never felt better. Eating nutrient-rich foods only when I feel like eating has actually cut my appetite in half. My mood has skyrocketed and so has my energy level. I'm a hiker, trail runner, and weightlifter and my endurance, aerobic capacity and strength continue to increase. I seem to need less sleep and am learning how to retire later. I'm dropping weight rapidly but nothing I will lament the lack of and the only side effect has been a need to raise my house thermostat a few degrees.

How does my experience compare to yours? Does anyone out there feel a natural "high" when they live this way, as if they are on some sort of happy drug?

Wharrgarbl

Hi,all!

I've been on an exciting health journey over the last half decade, simply doing what my body asks for. First, it asked to leave out beef, then pork, then chicken, too. I was pescatarian for a while, then vegetarian. I became vegan a year ago and raw vegan this summer. I feel my general overall vibration rising exponentially--if it were plotted on a graph, the line would shoot up into the sky from left to right!

I thought at first that the sudden drop in calories would be a problem but I've actually never felt better. Eating nutrient-rich foods only when I feel like eating has actually cut my appetite in half. My mood has skyrocketed and so has my energy level. I'm a hiker, trail runner, and weightlifter and my endurance, aerobic capacity and strength continue to increase. I seem to need less sleep and am learning how to retire later. I'm dropping weight rapidly but nothing I will lament the lack of and the only side effect has been a need to raise my house thermostat a few degrees.

How does my experience compare to yours? Does anyone out there feel a natural "high" when they live this way, as if they are on some sort of happy drug?

Wharrgarbl

Yeah, I've been on the same kind of journey, but I stopped with near-vegan instead of moving to raw vegan. My body likes warm things and raw vegan just doesn't do it for me. I do all the same things for exercise except the trail running and I do indoor rowing too. It's fun to run faster now than when I was 20 years younger. :) I love the energy increase, the way my muscles look after a weightlifting session, the way my body doesn't ache anymore and most of all the confidence I feel that my state of good health is going to continue for a long time. My weight stabilized after about 6 months and has been rock solid for about 2 years now. My only gripe is that since I lost all the fat on my bottom, it's hard to sit on the rowing machine for an hour. I feel cold too, so I guess we're both kinda doing the same things. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've read that people who do carb restriction also feel a natural kind of "high".

CR is a properly balanced diet that is how we should always eat. There are many ways to achieve it, but only one goal. Eternal good health.

Cheers.

Archived