CR Society Forum: Welcome to the CR Practice Room - CR Society Forum

Welcome to the CR Practice Room

#1 User is offline   admin 

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

This room is intended for the discussion of CR Practice and closely related matters.

Discussions are open to the public and may be indexed by search engines.

#2 Guest_Barney_*

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hello,
Is there a place on your site where I can find recipes of high-nutrition and low-calorie dishes? Thanks,
Barney

#3 User is offline   keithsct 

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

http://www.mprize.org/blogs/ April's CR diary is a good place to start as she often posts recipes on her blog. You may also want to search for recipe in the CRSociety archives too.

Tim, Can you create a spot on the site where people can post recipes with nutrition profiles, pictures and free form text?

This post has been edited by keithsct: 09 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

#4 User is offline   Tim C. 

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

keithsct, on 09 November 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

Tim, Can you create a spot on the site where people can post recipes with nutrition profiles, pictures and free form text?

The blogging feature might be the easiest way to start that. It is possible to attach files and insert images. If we had someone who wanted to start posting recipes, it would be trivial to setup.

#5 User is offline   keithsct 

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

Tim C., on 10 November 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

The blogging feature might be the easiest way to start that. It is possible to attach files and insert images. If we had someone who wanted to start posting recipes, it would be trivial to setup.

The ability to create a blog functionality doesn't seem to be enabled. Can you see if you can make it appear?

This post has been edited by keithsct: 12 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

#6 User is offline   speedy4442001 

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hello all! It has been a while since I have logged into this site. There used to be a link at the top that would take you to some pages that had some basic recipes. Did you change your website? I really liked those links. It had some of a little of everything there. I do have the books, but I prefer to find the recipes on my computer.

Also, any advice on how to practice this lifestyle while living with others who are not, i.e. grandchildren?
Thanks,
Theresa

#7 User is offline   Barney 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the link to the blog and the suggestion to search the archives. I also agree that a direct link to posted recipes would be great!
Barney

#8 Guest_Steph_*

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

keithsct, on 09 November 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

http://www.mprize.org/blogs/ April's CR diary is a good place to start as she often posts recipes on her blog. You may also want to search for recipe in the CRSociety archives too.

That link doesn't appear to be working any longer. I too would love to find an easy reference for recipes as I find that it's one of the hardest things to find when searching about CR.

Thank you :)

#9 Guest_Bob Cavanaugh_*

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

The Recipes were housed in our CR WIKI that was seldom used. A lot of non-CR recipes would get posted and had to be deleted and them the spammers moved in and totally trashed the WIKI that was seldom used....so we junked the whole thing. I think I wrote half the recipes that were posted there. Tim also had a web site that he hosted recipes on prior to when the WIKI was created. He trashed that when the WIKI that was seldom used went live.

#10 Guest_jojotrotter_*

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I just looked at April's blog the other day. I agree. Great recipies! Any chance she could be convinced to do s cookbook?

#11 Guest_SAR_*

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi I'm new to the forum. Last 5+ years Ive been following a vegan diet (I do eat honey) with 2+ of those years following a raw vegan diet. My plan is to live for as long as I can while avoiding degenerative diseases. I love to work out, and eat... This will be a new experiment for me. Is there a place on this site to log my progress??
Thanks,
SAR

#12 User is offline   Sara2 

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

I've noticed long-term CR people are using their email accounts to continue posting their conversations by email to 2 email-lists rather than over here.

For those not aware or new to this website/forum there are two longstanding email lists where most of the research data is still posted on a daily basis. You should read those lists to gain access to the giant knowledge base accumulated there, which is vastly superior to what can be learned here in 2013. You can still post to both those lists by email but not directly online as you can here using this Forum Setup. You must subscribe by email & verify to do that.

Link: Two Primary CR Lists Here

Share, Email, or Print this topic:

Fast Reply

You can make 100 more posts today.
This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.