Anyone interested in buying Natto leavening agent or Camellia tea seed oil?

Hi, I'm new to CR Society. I live in China and also interested in learning how to improve health and lifespan.

In a thread discussing natto, one CR Society member raised a question about making natto at home. 

I make lentil natto myself using high quality Natto leavening agent(Natto zymogen power) and different kinds of lentils. It's quite easy and cheap. 

Also I use Camellia tea seed oil which might be unfamiliar to Western people. Camellia tea oil contains over 80% oleic acid and high amount antioxidants.(http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf052325a)

In here, organic Camellia tea oil is cheaper than olive oil.

I am wondering if anyone is interested in buying Natto leavening agent or Camellia tea seed oil from China?  If so, I could setup a website for the business.

Hi, I'm new to CR Society. I live in China and also interested in learning how to improve health and lifespan.

In a thread discussing natto, one CR Society member raised a question about making natto at home. 

I make lentil natto myself using high quality Natto leavening agent(Natto zymogen power) and different kinds of lentils. It's quite easy and cheap. 

Also I use Camellia tea seed oil which might be unfamiliar to Western people. Camellia tea oil contains over 80% oleic acid and high amount antioxidants.(http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf052325a)

I am wondering if anyone is interested in buying Natto leavening agent or Camellia tea seed oil from China?  If so, I could setup a website for the business.

Hi michael, here I'd be interested in natto ferments although the product should give guarantees on carrying the specific bacillis subtilis var. natto whose fermentation produces K2 in abundance. While searching 'zymogen natto' I can only find body lotions or similar. 

Hi mccoy,

Thanks for your reply.

Natto fermenting agent is quite standardized to contain bacillis subtilis var. natto. 

I asked dozens of international shipping companies but none of them were willing to ship products in the powder form overseas. I was told, however, that the only possible way is to ship bulk cargo by sea, in which case I am not sure whether it is cost effective for you.

The natto fermenting agent is quite cheap here but I reckon the shipping cost is very high. Natto fermenting agent is also availble in ebay. I find the selling price is very high compared to the cost of the product itself. (Disclaimer: I have no connection to any ebay sellers)

post-4825-0-29150900-1483334905_thumb.jpg

The above picture is pure Natto spore prevalent in Japan. It's very potent and only a little little tiny spoon of the spore powder could ferment a big potful of natto.

Another product

post-4825-0-93027400-1483335533_thumb.jpg  post-4825-0-47924400-1483335540_thumb.jpg

This one is widely used in China. It adds starch prebiotics into Natto sprore and packaged in seperate sacks. One sack is sufficient for one batch 500g~600g of natto. I find this one convenient to use.

Also I use Natto maker. It's a little bit expensive. One batch for 12 seperate servings.

post-4825-0-00192800-1483335337_thumb.jpg

post-4825-0-79591600-1483335356_thumb.jpg

post-4825-0-55778300-1483335376_thumb.jpg

The natto maker is designed for natto fermentation at home, which is used to produce commercial level high quality natto.

post-4825-0-49497400-1483335405_thumb.jpg

post-4825-0-95846100-1483335431_thumb.jpg

post-4825-0-97903500-1483335442_thumb.jpg

Natto fermenting requires different temperature and humidity from yogurt making. However, if you already have a yogurt maker at hands, I think you could try fermenting natto with a yogurt maker. Just leave the top cover of the yogurt maker wide open and cover natto with food wrap to keep the humidity. That might also produce natto (although with lower quaility and less quantity).

Hi michael, here I'd be interested in natto ferments although the product should give guarantees on carrying the specific bacillis subtilis var. natto whose fermentation produces K2 in abundance. While searching 'zymogen natto' I can only find body lotions or similar. 

Michael, interesting and educational pictures!

One major difficulty when shipping such products to some countries like Italy, is that they are often blocked at custom and the buyer is required to fill in a dedicated form and pay an added sum.

This happened to me once when my wife ordered a supplement. The overprice was such that I gave up on the supplement.

Archived