Red Cabbage with Balsamic Vinaigrette

FrederickSebastian

Not really much of a recipe, but for the longest time I was making boiled red cabbage with boiled red onions, then draining them and adding a small amount of red balsamic vinagrette dressing to make a small meal. The three foods pair really well, I think, and are one of my favorite meals!

I too like that combination. One variation of the recipes which probably ensures more micronutrients are ingested is to let the ingredients boil into a pan until all water evaporates. A little oil is useful at the end although not strictly needed. Otherwise, the boiling water should be drunk (after cooling!!!).

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 5:01 PM, mccoy said:

I too like that combination. One variation of the recipes which probably ensures more micronutrients are ingested is to let the ingredients boil into a pan until all water evaporates. A little oil is useful at the end although not strictly needed. Otherwise, the boiling water should be drunk (after cooling!!!).

cool cool... Yeah so can you make a vegetable soup with the left over water @mccoy... That would probably be my preference to drinking it...

• 1 year later...