LPS Increases During Aging: Besides Calorie Restriction, What Else Can Reduce It?

This might be of interest:

Can serum levels of alkaline phosphatase and phosphate predict cardiovascular diseases and total mortality in individuals with preserved renal function? A systemic review and meta-analysis

Conclusion: A non-linear relationship exists between serum levels of ALP and phosphate and risk of total mortality. There appears to be a positive association of serum levels of ALP/phosphate with total mortality in people with normal or preserved renal function, while the relationship between ALP and CVD is still ambiguous.

Similarly, serum ALP-mortality risk data in 1.9 million subjects in this paper: https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Using-liver-enzymes-as-screening-tests-to-predict-Fulks-Stout/3a81cb1750d9de03f022ad975dfd87d0b3627882.

However, measuring IAP in stool is related to optimizing gut microbiome composition and other aspects of gut health. As far as I know, there aren''t any large epi studies for the association with stool levels of IAP with mortality risk.

• 1 year later...

High fat meals-->increased LPS in the blood (https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/86/5/1286/4651083).

They used butter

The high-fat meal, which provided ≈900 kcal, consisted of a cup of tea and 3 slices of toast spread with a total of 50 g butter, which contained <3.5 ng endotoxin/g as measured by limulus assay

==

FYI my IAP is ~70 and I have a Levine Phenoage of 11 years old...

Edited by InquilineKea