What was the most interesting Thread/Discussion you had in this forum?

5fp4

Hi,

normally I'm just a silent reader from this forum (since many years). One of my favorite threads was the one about  cold exposure. I would be interested in your most favorite one's and what was the benefit for you.

Best

CTPA

LIST:

• @corybroo :
  • Especially @Ron Put's post Faster Than Light Possible or Not?   By Sabine Hossenfelder
  •  
Edited by 5fp4

My vote is for Ron Put’s post Faster Than Light Possible or Not?   By Sabine Hossenfelder https://www.crsociety.org/topic/17670-random-lectures-and-talks-you-liked/?do=findComment&comment=45487

It has nothing to do with diet or health.  However, it provided food for thought (the best kind of food here?).

Specifically, her discussion of FTL (around 14 min into the video), when she described what you would see if something went by at light speed (or faster).  Essentially, you would not see anything until it appeared near you at which point you would see two versions of it:  One going forward and the other backward in time. 

My grandkids and I played with this idea by combining it with Feynman’s comment that a positron is just an electron going back in time.  [Our thoughts are NOT an explanation nor even a good analogy to explain quantum mysteries.]  What would we see if an electron sped by us at FTL speed?  Nothing until it passed by at which point an electron and its opposite, a positron, would just appear from nowhere.  Their properties would be tightly linked (entangled?) because they’re actually the same particle.  What if the spaceship were travelling at (rather than faster than) lightspeed?  If it had a ball bouncing between the floor and ceiling, then at the moment the ship first appeared, the ball would appear to be in all positions between floor and ceiling as it bounced back and forth during the approach, but if I tested, I would find the ball in only one random position.

The discussions made some of the puzzling quantum effects seem not so weird if we break the currently accepted “law” of physics that FTL is not possible.     

On 7/3/2023 at 8:23 PM, corybroo said:

My vote is for Ron Put’s post Faster Than Light Possible or Not?   By Sabine Hossenfelder https://www.crsociety.org/topic/17670-random-lectures-and-talks-you-liked/?do=findComment&comment=45487

It has nothing to do with diet or health.  However, it provided food for thought (the best kind of food here?).

Specifically, her discussion of FTL (around 14 min into the video), when she described what you would see if something went by at light speed (or faster).  Essentially, you would not see anything until it appeared near you at which point you would see two versions of it:  One going forward and the other backward in time. 

My grandkids and I played with this idea by combining it with Feynman’s comment that a positron is just an electron going back in time.  [Our thoughts are NOT an explanation nor even a good analogy to explain quantum mysteries.]  What would we see if an electron sped by us at FTL speed?  Nothing until it passed by at which point an electron and its opposite, a positron, would just appear from nowhere.  Their properties would be tightly linked (entangled?) because they’re actually the same particle.  What if the spaceship were travelling at (rather than faster than) lightspeed?  If it had a ball bouncing between the floor and ceiling, then at the moment the ship first appeared, the ball would appear to be in all positions between floor and ceiling as it bounced back and forth during the approach, but if I tested, I would find the ball in only one random position.

The discussions made some of the puzzling quantum effects seem not so weird if we break the currently accepted “law” of physics that FTL is not possible.     

Thanks for sharing - it's now on my watchlist. I'm happy to hear what thread was the most interesting one, where several participants gave their knowledge and opinion on it. Looking forward to new posts here.  

• 2 weeks later...

I know when it was first published that I found Dean’s Diet and Lifestyle thread to be fascinating. It can be found here: 

I would also add this thread too. It gives one a lot to think about in regards to creating your own CR regime. 

Edited by drewab
Adding a thread.