My continuous glucose monitor (CGM) logging [and health notes]

Alex K Chen

I did it again, I ate 900 calories of Ezekiel raisin bread at once. Obviously not ideal, and I'm NEVER getting raisin bread again, but at least it didn't peak at a horrible level. This was good enough of a stress test

And that raisin bread was the only thing I ate the entire day (apart from riced cauliflower now) so that still leaves me at fewer calories today than I normally get

Tomorrow I'm gonna finally stress test fruit on canagliflozin with my CGM in the right spot at once

Screenshot_20240411-012510.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

this was 1 acarbose 200mg and then 2 cans of garbanzo beans in the morning. I guess I could take another acarbose to really reduce the spike

oh late yesterday I nade myself full with 1can of garbanzos

Screenshot_20240412-164727.png

Edited by InquilineKea

• Alex K Chen changed the title to My continuous glucose monitor (CGM) logging [and health notes]
Posted (edited)

finally took 18 oz blueberries AFTER canaglifloznin, needed to test this

145 and stll increasing.. 160... 183... [this NEVER happens...]

the avocado oil beyond meat i ate right before didnt do anything to stop that

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

Yet, strawberries after canagliflozin and garbanzo beans.. barely inched upward at all (I almost NEVER see this with fruit). I need repeat tests

Just on inspection alone, bluebrries do seem to have simpler "matrix structure" (and less fiber) than strawberries. also they were target's. maybe costco's frozen ones may be dif

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

After 14 days of CGM, 7 without canagliflozin and 7 with...

Average glucose without: 100

Average glucose with: 97

It's not a huge obvious difference. Also I ate not the healthiest food on two days of the first week bc I wasn't at home

=====

yesterday i ate 4 packs of mr tortilla and felt so K/O'd from all the fiber that I wasn't able to do amything for rest of day/next of day. it's not a huge calorie load. BG only around 95-105 for a long while after

2 days ago I ended up eating an entire pack of ezekiel bagel (960 cals). it only spiked my BG to 125 at the very end (and I had other things too). the decrease in BG the night after was lower but only around 100

AlexChen_04-19-2024.pdf

Edited by InquilineKea