My continuous glucose monitor (CGM) logging [and health notes]

Alex K Chen

finally took biocon rapamycin and metformin today. i had the worthless kachela kind for 1.5 years too long

glucose curves are uninteresting after two nectarines, i suspect they'll be low for some time to come

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan Johnson once said if you don't want to eat the entire package don't eat the first one

Ezekiel muffins are really... Addicting.

I was so allergic to bread for so long but this one finally made me unloosen up.. 6 muffins at once.. but the tomatoes probably increased the BG more

Screenshot_20240318_001938.jpg

Posted (edited)

But raisin bread (the ezekiel kind) really spikes it. I mean, raisins, obviously... I did eat like 6 slices...

after feeling dead for much of today, a couple of attila total war historical battles woke me up..

Screenshot_20240318_144844.jpg

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

Eating tomatoes after miso soup made me feel so full I can't sit for sometime (like I couldn't do anything for 2 hours). Didn't eat too many calories today but I really should try not to go for full all the time

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

Carbonaut bread (whole package), hearts of palm, a chunk of unripe papaya, and two whole foods vegetable pasta sauce (no increase to that)

Blood test but forgot $8 for glucose to calibrate sensor

Screenshot_20240320_003221.jpg

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

4 loaves of carbonaut bread did this

Just bc I don't spike with more doesn't make more innocuous - there's no insulin measurement and that could be important (IDK cost of it on ultralabtests)

Screenshot_20240321_150449.jpg

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

selenium is 170 which is really good for so soon after OD'ing.

==

at a co-op now for soldering night - i noticed my gait is unstable when soldering (I also do it very quickly and am not always quite able to see what I am trying to solder - it WORKS though I often solder with excess "clump" [1]), which I often attribute to high glucose after a meal, but my CGM shows my glucose barely increased even after a lot of fruit (spread out over 2 hours), which means maybe it's the digestion rather than the blood sugar (after all I have been fully functional after high blood sugar levels in the past). Also it's nice to see the co-op food not increase my BG..

[guavas, blueberries, andone orange at the end]. and yes lots of acarbose. but BG still only up to the mid-80s so far. then 94 at 22:38.. (that was the peak)

i DID take empagliflozin sev hours ago and that could have been my savior. I'll have to see when I do the agelessrx trial next week!

[1] surprisingly the solder spreads out well enough most of the time and I didn't have to repeat any solders for the last 80% of my solders..

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

first labeled is most recent, (1) is 2nd most recent, (2) 3rd most recent

[you need an account and login to download]

AA_glucose_3-22-2024.csv AA_03-22-2024(6).pdf AA_03-22-2024.pdf AA_03-22-2024(1).pdf AA_03-22-2024(2).pdf AA_03-22-2024(3).pdf AA_03-22-2024(4).pdf AA_03-22-2024(5).pdf

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

Wow beans really don't increase BG at all if paired with acarbose 

Also noticed my heart rate go down from the 70s to 64. Right around the time I started the CGM.. my diet has been way lower fat and I also ditched all processed food (I was guilty of Catalina crunch earlier this year)

But I've had such decreases before

I haven't been using CGMs properly over the past year but I should have..

Screenshot_20240323_073113.jpg

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

Omg it might be the empagliflozin. Even semaglutide didn't take me down much. I haven't been so light since January 5, 2023

What's more, I haven't been eating many veggies, and went on binges of BREAD

I'm still sure it's the empag but it could be a lesson that some bread (the Ezekiel kind anyways) might -shock - be good for me

At least bc it helps substitute in for nut binges and I haven't had those in a while

Screenshot_20240323_143606_FITINDEX.jpg

Edited by InquilineKea

2 hours ago, InquilineKea said:

Omg it might be the empagliflozin. Even semaglutide didn't take me down much. I haven't been so light since January 5, 2023

What's more, I haven't been eating many veggies, and went on binges of BREAD

I'm still sure it's the empag but it could be a lesson that some bread (the Ezekiel kind anyways) might -shock - be good for me

At least bc it helps substitute in for nut binges and I haven't had those in a while

Screenshot_20240323_143606_FITINDEX.jpg

At 98.6 lbs, I'm curious what your height and BMI are. You are certainly on the very light side of things!

Posted (edited)

I got two boxes of sweet green salad last night, but also 16oz green tea, 32 oz of coffee and I think the coffee made me VERY uncomfortable the next day. That might be 400 mg of caffeine according to chatgpt 

Also a lot of fried tofu but I'm prolly not eating for 24 hours

New CGM tomorrow. I need to do a bit more CGM if I am to replace MUFAs with carbs which is probably healthier for me

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

New glucose meter (libre 3) but now it starts at 125 (after a 770 calorie meal of banza chickpeas+kombucha 8 hours earlier) and some beets.. those were my only food in 20 hours or since 1am, though I had 2 kiwi fruit at 5 yesterday

But ugh I think the first sensor may have been uncalibrated - it may have been put in a region of thicker muscle. The first sensor this year was way too low and unrepresentative of what values I got in the past...

I have been feeling poorly today due to sleep deprivation..

... And it goes to 153 when I take out the trash wtf...

and still only decreasing to only 100 after nearly a day w/o food, upon which yu choi increases it.

the new glucose meter makes me so paranoid. my BP has also been really unusually high lately (high BP) and I don't know what it is. It could be an all-nighter or recent rapamycin (which was the biocon type - for like 1.5 years I relied on the useless kachhela type...). But I'll test tomorrow. I was also just very low-functioning today

I had chiro for much of the last few weeks. I also lost weight much of the last few weeks (after all I did restart the empagliflozin). There's a chance the all-nighter+32oz of coffee really threw my results off *that* much but I'm not betting on it

it's the agelessrx canagliflozin trial now, and they don't want you to be taking acarbose or metformin in the trial (over the next week). B/c my blood glucose levels are so high by their CGM, it's too risky to try normal carb heavy foods so I'll rely on vegetables and fats to get me through the next week...

[it's still possible that high carb is healthiest *only* with -flozins]

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

Looks like I put the CGM in the wrong place (though this is ALSO true for the CGM I found usable in the thred here). agelessrx will mail me another CGM sensor that I'll apply correctly (hopefully) for once this week - I see that they're in the fleshy part of the back of the arms.

At least https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BKR557NL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details mission flour keto tortillas barely give me a CGM response. But beets still do.

and my BP has been unusually high lately for idk what reason.. I know what I need - natto, sulfur, and beets. Idk if these will be enough.. maybe it's just a phase..

==

canned beets spiked my BG by 50 points... it's not safe to eat them every day. ;/ i should test them with acarbose

Edited by InquilineKea

• Alex K Chen changed the title to My continuous glucose monitor (CGM) logging [and health notes]