My continuous glucose monitor (CGM) logging [and health notes]

Alex K Chen

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

I think the tortilla fills me enough to reduce calorie consumption AND it doesn't spike glucose (only gradual increase)

did acarbose kill one glucose spike from beets?? i can try a second can..

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

If I ever eat tiger nuts like this again I'll destroy my teeth like banza chickpeas

The real effect of them. I ate most of the bag on top of two bags of mr tortilla so way too many calories and slight nausea

Screenshot_20240331_014753.jpg

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

Mr tortilla is really hard on the digestive system...

It's possible that all this oat fiber and gluten can cause inflammation. It's that I often tend to go for heavy quantities at first

==

i ate 2 pears and it wasn't that bad...

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

for the next 5 days I have two CGM sensors on top of me. I put the NewCGM on the back of the arm where it SHOULD be placed.

After an apple and a pear, OldSensor (not implanted on the PROPER site of the back of arm) to 138 and NewSensor just to 123.

Also NewSensor dropped to 70 when OldSensor to 85.

My BG readings were way too low in the beginning of this thread, and way too high later on.

It's actually nice to know how many fruits are safe to consume...

Edited by InquilineKea

3 pears increased OldSensor to 123 and NewSensor to barely over 100. Idk what to believe. But pears have much milder glycemic impact than a single apple..

Oh and this was after a giant cucumber salad+hummus+3 falafel meal that didn't increase BG much (ya it was free food and it's hard to go *outside* rn)

Posted (edited)

But I ate like 7 to 8 pears and two apples. Still the CGM didn't go above 125 despite it all (but took a long time to go down)

Now today, new sensor is consistently higher than old sensor. One is 120 and the other is 97. I know it takes a day or two for CGMs to self calibrate after implant

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

My more reliable sensor has an estimated average glucose of 100... This isn't a good trend, it's usually a bit lower. Maybe this just means I have to be on canagliflozin consistently now. I am too sad all the time for CR

God the initial posts here were deceptive bc I placed the THE FIRST TWO sensors on the wrong place. Only the 3rd sensor records reliable readings 

One can of kidney beans AND tomatoes really pushed my BG to the 120s... After the Mr tortilla had the BG at stable enough reading

I read so much of Michael Gregor book at last today. A lot of good advice but I can't do high carb unless I do canagliflozin 

I used to be able to get away with high carb more, without such focus on GI, but I don't consistently have this privilege anymore. Anyways, again canagliflozin is cheap so it shouldn't be too much of an issue as soon as this trial is over

Edited by InquilineKea

Posted (edited)

Kidney beans PLUS acarbose and tomatoes boosted my glucose levels surprisingly high

I KNOW there's a limit to it since it's beans but beans are not always this harmless... Mr tortilla is surprisingly better.. but this might be the tomatoes

Next time I'm going to get more beets to substitute for beans...

I can say least say that hibose blocked spikes from beets but they don't block all spikes

Edited by InquilineKea

A meal of mixed veggies (it had carrots) right after awakening pushed BG to 140s, holy shit

Not too concerned bc calorie load is low but need to pair acarbose with carrots just as I do with beets...

Posted (edited)

Really weird biphasic spike after 5 Ezekiel raisin bread

Screenshot_20240410-165932.png

Screenshot_20240410-170238.png

Somehow I feel terrible after donezepil. Maybe half the dose next time

Last image yesterday is two cans of beans for first spike, then another can several hours later barely noticeable. This is all after first canagliflozin day where I overslept

Screenshot_20240410-173427.png

Edited by InquilineKea

• Alex K Chen changed the title to My continuous glucose monitor (CGM) logging [and health notes]