Sweat may eliminate heavy metal accumulation

BrianA

More discussion about heavy metals,  including citation of that 2012 study, in this  thread started by McCoy:

Heavy metals in foods (2019)

See also:

Clinical Effects of Regular Dry Sauna Bathing: A Systematic Review (2018)

The Science & Health Benefits of Deliberate Heat Exposure | Huberman Lab  (Video) (2022)

I describe the mechanisms by which deliberate heat exposure impacts body temperature, metabolism, heart health, hormone production, exercise recovery, cognition, mood, and longevity.  I detail specific protocols for deliberate heat exposure, including exposure times, temperature ranges to consider, time of day, and delivery mechanisms (sauna vs. hot bath vs. open air heat, etc.) in order to achieve different specific outcomes, including dramatic growth hormone releases, or reduction in cortisol levels.   

I also discuss the ability of locally applied heat to heal or otherwise improve various bodily tissues and new data on how local application of heat may induce the conversion of metabolically sluggish white fat to metabolically robust beige fat.

Edited by Sibiriak