Protein shakes/green smoothies

drewab

Hi All,

So my family has been slowly reforming some of their eating habits, which of course is wonderful. One of the things they do is consume a daily smoothie. Usually consisting of spinach, cherries, banana, cocoa, and almond milk.  Added to the blend is this mix:

http://img1.beachbodyimages.com/tbb/image/upload/v1461828794/tbb/misc/pdf/Shakeology_ChocVeganBag_012816_Web.pdf

I have to admit, it does look like a pretty decent ingredient list.  What do you all think? I personally am usually a little more purist and prefer whole foods, but this is pretty darn close.

On the contrary, to me it looks like pitch-in-dumpster. All sorts of herbs of unknown quantity purity and provenance, poorly researched or not researched at all to any standard of effectiveness, but full of current-fad-buzz-words. I would sooner take a 100% worthless homeopathic tincture that would at least do nothing, instead of the distinctly possible harm from the herb sweepings in this concoction. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. Just my 2c.

Archived