Do you live in the San Francisco Bay Area? Are you interested in learning your body fat, muscle and bone status? You may be interested in participating in the Shape Up! Study. We are funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), so there is NO cost to you for participating in the study. ALL study procedures will take place at University of California, San Francisco (Parnassus Campus)
The goals of the study:
- Provide phenotype descriptors of health using body shape, derive predictive models of how body shape relates to regional and total body composition and bone mineral density over a wide ranges of ages, BMI, and ethnicity for both sexes.
- Examine the relationship of optical body composition estimates and metabolic risk factors.
If you are between 5-17 years old, you might be eligible for Shape Up! Kids (pdf)
If you are between 18-80 years old, you might be eligible for Shape Up! Adults (pdf)
- able to lay flat on your back for up to 10 minutes
- able to stand without aid for 2 minutes
- no metal or artifacts that cannot be removed
- A $50 Amazon gift card
- Body composition reports (DXA report, MRI (for kids only), whole body 3D scan)
- Complete blood count report
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (415) 741-3454 if you are interested in participating.
Like us on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook...ompositionUCSF/
Check out our Lab website: https://radiology.uc...st-bone-density
Please let us know if you have any questions or how to get screened for eligibility.
The Shape Up Study Team
UCSF Body Composition, Exercise Physiology, and Energy Metabolism Laboratory
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
Edited by UCSFShapeUpStudy, 30 August 2017 - 06:17 PM.