Back after a couple of years ...

Clinton

Hey gents,

I joined back in 2016 and kinda quit the forums back in May of 2022.  At that time I went through a divorce - it left me devastated - I ended up scrapping the majority of my longevity regimen.  I quit exercising, drank heavily for many months, lost my interest in eating much at all including healthy foods, had much difficulty sleeping and had lost interest in longevity 'research' and many other interests in my life.

Over the past 4 months, I've met a new lady-friend and rekindled my interest in fitness, health and longevity - I remember and appreciate all of the usual suspects here and all of the well-researched and intelligent posts.

I'm very grateful for all of the amazing information and people here that have helped me understand what I consider to be a healthy approach to healthspan and lifespan and I hope to soon begin contributing again to the forums, 

Sincerely,

Clinton 

Edited by Clinton

On 11/19/2023 at 4:36 PM, Clinton said:

Thanks Saul - I trust you are still teaching young whipper-snappers university math and getting your swims in??

Yep.  I'm still fully employed (teaching 2 courses in the Fall, 2 in the Spring) at UR -- tenured Full Prof.; not interested in retiring (would be boring).

But, I no longer swim -- I used to swim with my own invented stroke -- a lousy stroke; it ate up my rotator cuffs.  I had a successful shoulder replacement of the right shoulder -- but no more swimming.

So, for exercise, I do vigorous exercise on an elliptical cross trainer at a high resistance, 6 days a week.

--  Saul

5 hours ago, drewab said:

Welcome back Clinton. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had in your personal life. Hopefully the remainder of 2023 is better for you and things continue to head in the right direction in 2024!

Thanks Drewab - things are improving every day.  If my memory still serves me you are in Alberta ... I was born & raised in Grande Prairie, Alberta btw - I hope all is well with you and yours,

Clinton

On 11/21/2023 at 11:06 AM, Clinton said:

Thanks Drewab - things are improving every day.  If my memory still serves me you are in Alberta ... I was born & raised in Grande Prairie, Alberta btw - I hope all is well with you and yours,

Clinton

You've got a good memory - that is correct! I've only been to GP once for work and enjoyed it. I'm in the Edmonton area. 

• 2 weeks later...