Has anyone seen Bryan Johnson's Project Blueprint?

Alex K Chen

15 hours ago, mccoy said:

Ah, OK, I know that you guys have some vineyards in Germany but I never heard about olives orchards.

Have you found anything promising so far?

I'm already using a very high quality one, but I'm not sure if it has already the requierments "needed" (i'm contacting several producer) - I will post my result as soon as I have it.

I'm going to italy in 1-3 weeks, so I will go for a hunt there (I'm quite often in italy) do you have any already tested tips (I think you posted something in @Gordo's thread about olive oil?)?

Best

CTPA

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The EVOO I know might fit Brian's requirements is the Oilalà Coratina, with polyphenols content varying from about 600 to 700 ppm according to crops. I confess I didn't enquire about other compounds, sure it is one of the best EVOOs I ever tasted, living in a region where olive crops abound.

This year I bought from a friend who grows organically but his olives are not the Coratina variety, hence polyphenols are probably less than a half the Oilalà EVOO (price is also about a half). My reasoning is that I consume so much EVOO that my dose of secoiridoids is anyway guaranteed.

I looked the website now and they are offering an organic coratina, which is pretty pricey though. A distinct advantage is that they use a bag-in-box container, which as we know decreases physio-chemical degradation. I might try 10 liters with the new crop.

https://www.oilala.com/en/prodotto/bag-in-box-5liters-organic-extra-virgin-olive-oil/

image.png.76a1a8415832ba9c3cda5ab0d1035adf.png

Edited by mccoy

FYI if anyone is rebottling their olive oil into glassware (my personal preference) you can add a tiny bit of Argon (inert gas) to the top of the container to prevent any oxidation in storage.  You also should store it in a dark location.  For the argon I've been using this product called Bloxygen: https://amzn.to/43IDmkh (I think the link only works properly in the US though, apparently not available in Europe).

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

FYI if anyone is rebottling their olive oil into glassware (my personal preference) you can add a tiny bit of Argon (inert gas) to the top of the container to prevent any oxidation in storage.  You also should store it in a dark location.  For the argon I've been using this product called Bloxygen: https://amzn.to/43IDmkh (I think the link only works properly in the US though, apparently not available in Europe).

Thanks Gordo!

I don't use olive oil or other refined oils, but that Argon gas product looks really handy to have around. I ordered a can.

6 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Yes it's great, can be used for many purposes, paint cans, wine bottles, or storage of any food, beverage or medicine you don't want to oxidize. 

Have you experimented with any foods that (unlike olive oil) visibly change when they oxidize to see just how effective it is? Like putting a slice of apple or half an avocado in a small container and then filling it with argon gas to see how quickly it oxidizes compared with the same thing left in an air-filled container?

On 6/17/2023 at 7:43 PM, Dean Pomerleau said:

Have you experimented with any foods that (unlike olive oil) visibly change when they oxidize to see just how effective it is? Like putting a slice of apple or half an avocado in a small container and then filling it with argon gas to see how quickly it oxidizes compared with the same thing left in an air-filled container?

Yes, tried it with pumpkin puree, worked perfectly, color never changed even as I slowly used it over a whole month. The Argon of course is heavier than air, so you only need a small amount to cover many items, I never added more as I used up the container, but always tried to be careful keeping it upright and smoothing the surface out and not scooping the Ar out with the product. I just repacked my Ceylon Cinnamon into glass jars today, also topped with Argon. I'll do an avocado side by side comparison for you 🙂

4 hours ago, Gordo said:

Yes, tried it with pumpkin puree, worked perfectly, color never changed even as I slowly used it over a whole month. The Argon of course is heavier than air, so you only need a small amount to cover many items, I never added more as I used up the container, but always tried to be careful keeping it upright and smoothing the surface out and not scooping the Ar out with the product. I just repacked my Ceylon Cinnamon into glass jars today, also topped with Argon. I'll do an avocado side by side comparison for you 🙂

Cool! I ordered some and will experiment as well. 

On 6/17/2023 at 4:19 PM, Gordo said:

Thanks for the tip! 

On 6/17/2023 at 11:04 AM, mccoy said:

The EVOO I know might fit Brian's requirements is the Oilalà Coratina, with polyphenols content varying from about 600 to 700 ppm according to crops. I confess I didn't enquire about other compounds, sure it is one of the best EVOOs I ever tasted, living in a region where olive crops abound.

This year I bought from a friend who grows organically but his olives are not the Coratina variety, hence polyphenols are probably less than a half the Oilalà EVOO (price is also about a half). My reasoning is that I consume so much EVOO that my dose of secoiridoids is anyway guaranteed.

I'm having nightmares from my research (if I want to have it 100% ideal as of his formula).  I'm checking oilala coratina right now - thanks for the tips/links.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:08 AM, Dean Pomerleau said:

Cool! I ordered some and will experiment as well

For what it's worth I tried the experiment using fresh sliced apple, banana and avocado in 3 separate mason jars with air (control), CO2, and Argon.  Browning was not prevented in ANY jar, haha. After doing some research, despite many sources saying fruit and veggie browning is caused by the combination of browning enzymes AND oxidation (air exposure) other sources seemed to contradict this idea, browning still occurs in a vacuum.  Just to take the test even further I filled a jar with CO2, did a flame test to ensure it was purged of oxygen (flame was quickly extinguished when lowered into the jar) then I added a whole apple to that jar, and sliced it while it was completely submerged in the CO2 and still it rapidly browned.  So yea the argon (or CO2) can keep air and oxygen off of things you are storing but it can't prevent fruit or veggie browning.

FYI Bryan reported in his latest YouTube Livestream that he has officially and permanently abandoned the use of HGH due to side effects that consisted of intracranial pressure that resulted in poor sleep and a drop in his HRV of 15%.

He also mentioned something about doing stem cell related experiments on himself soon.  

Edited by Gordo

On 6/17/2023 at 11:08 AM, mccoy said:

I looked the website now and they are offering an organic coratina, which is pretty pricey though. A distinct advantage is that they use a bag-in-box container, which as we know decreases physio-chemical degradation. I might try 10 liters with the new crop.

https://www.oilala.com/en/prodotto/bag-in-box-5liters-organic-extra-virgin-olive-oil/

image.png.76a1a8415832ba9c3cda5ab0d1035adf.png

@mccoy So I contacted them, and the following oil meets all the criteria:

https://www.oilala.com/en/prodotto/bag-in-box-italian-extra-virgin-olive-oil-coratina/

They mentioned also "

On the bottom of the first page of the lab reports, you can see also the results of very important antioxidant present in the olive oil. So just not Polyphenols but also:

• Oleacein
  • Oleochantal
  • Squalene
  • Oleuropein

This olive oil has been made in November 2022. The new harvest will be November 2023."

So, I'm buying 😄 (need to read everything one more time, because i'm on a trip right now, but soon.

Best 

CTPA

That's the EVOO I've been buying for a couple of years, the taste is excellent, the bag-in-box container is a definite advantage, I only complain the rise in prices, first time around about 3 years ago it was 60 E per 5 liters, now it is 80 Euros.

My friend sells his local EVOO at 37.5 Euros per 5 liters, of course it wouldn't satisfy Bryan's requirements...

On 7/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, mccoy said:

That's the EVOO I've been buying for a couple of years, the taste is excellent, the bag-in-box container is a definite advantage, I only complain the rise in prices, first time around about 3 years ago it was 60 E per 5 liters, now it is 80 Euros.

My friend sells his local EVOO at 37.5 Euros per 5 liters, of course it wouldn't satisfy Bryan's requirements...

Nice, I'm thinking to do a trip to go there and get to know them (wanted to do an north italy trip, but maybe I expand). I'm looking forward to taste it myself. I will give you an update. 

Best

CTPA

7 hours ago, 5fp4 said:

Nice, I'm thinking to do a trip to go there and get to know them (wanted to do an north italy trip, but maybe I expand). I'm looking forward to taste it myself. I will give you an update. 

Way to go, CTPA, that's olive farm territory, sometimes you can see them extending to the horizon!

On 7/5/2023 at 4:58 PM, mccoy said:

Way to go, CTPA, that's olive farm territory, sometimes you can see them extending to the horizon!

So, it came yesterday. I'm not sure what to think about the taste. It's very difficult to say something about it. It's the opposite of strong - it's almost not there, but maybe this softness is the right signal for the quality? I will research a little bit more. Have a nice weekend.

Best

Ctpa

CPTA, yes, the taste is slightly pungent and spicy but not strong, I also love the fragrance it emanates as soon as the container is opened. The lab tests speak for themselves though, they are probably genuine since this is a product sold to top-end restaurants.

The synergistic effects of ALL the stuff some these celebs do -- some recorded, some under- or non-recorded --  makes it  almost impossible to parse out any useful data about LE. With Johnson, it is his "CR", nutrition,  pills, parabiosis, sleep qty and  schedule, physical activity, etc., etc. Overlaid with his financial success, massive media attention, and all that leading to the  entangled projection of a " blueprint" for the masses.

Dream on.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:36 PM, KHashmi316 said:

The synergistic effects of ALL the stuff some these celebs do -- some recorded, some under- or non-recorded --  makes it  almost impossible to parse out any useful data about LE. With Johnson, it is his "CR", nutrition,  pills, parabiosis, sleep qty and  schedule, physical activity, etc., etc. Overlaid with his financial success, massive media attention, and all that leading to the  entangled projection of a " blueprint" for the masses.

Dream on.

Agree with you, I look at him as more of just an interesting person to keep an eye on.  I have no doubt that he is going to push the envelope harder than anyone else in these forums, that's the part that interests me the most.  He knows that diet and exercise can only go so far.

But yes, I'd guess that almost all of his health improvements are simply the result of his plant based diet, caloric restriction, exercise and great sleep.  ANYONE can do those things and the cost is not very high (a typical American would probably actually SAVE money over their standard American diet).

I read a funny account from a guy who tried to exactly copy Blueprint including all of the drugs/supplements and it did not work out very well for him 😉 his HRV crashed, he did not feel well, and he gave up.  I'm guessing if a person really wanted to try to do these things, they should probably start with one drug/supplement at a time and maybe add one more per week every week and see how the body reacts.  But yea if you start having some health problem I would think it would be almost impossible to know which thing is responsible.  

Personally I keep my supplements to a minimum these days, and don't take any prescription drugs whatsoever.  It's the future/emerging rejuvenation technology that is going to be the real game changer.

You mention:

5 hours ago, Gordo said:

simply the result of his plant based diet, caloric restriction, exercise and great sleep

which would imply that his successes, simply put, come from these five areas.

However, at the same time, you say:

5 hours ago, Gordo said:

I read a funny account from a guy who tried to exactly copy Blueprint including all of the drugs/supplements and it did not work out very well for him 😉 his HRV crashed, he did not feel well, and he gave up.

This means, though, that his successes can be equally negative. If the entire success comes from the first five activities and the remaining activities can be "so" harmful, could it not mean that it can be correspondingly beneficial?

At the same time I think just "copying" what he's doing sounds not very smart, because he said it's an individual protocol for him (what should be obvious, because he's doing it in a very data oriented way). 

5 hours ago, Gordo said:

Personally I keep my supplements to a minimum these days, and don't take any prescription drugs whatsoever. 

👍

Have a nice weekend,

CTPA