Just curious, anyone have a plan, or preps for global pandemic?

Gordo

Covid-19 Vaccine Survey  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Your Vaccine Status is:

• Fully vaccinated
    • Partially vaccinated
    • Not Vaccinated
  2. 2. If not (fully) vaccinated, your reason(s) for your decision (check all that apply):

• Not Applicable - I'm vaccinated
    • The rapid vaccine development process makes me distrust them
    • I'm worried about vaccine side effects
    • I don't think I'm at much risk of getting a covid infection
    • I don't believe a covid infection is a serious risk for someone like me
    • I'm waiting until the vaccines receive final approval
    • Fear of needles
    • A medical condition prevents me from getting vaccines
    • Bad reaction to the first dose of the covid vaccine
    • I already had COVID-19 and don't think I need the vaccine for protection
    • Vaccine not available where I live
  3. 3. Are you OK with having your CR forum name included on a list of members who have/haven't chosen to be vaccinated?

• Yes
    • No

Study mapping how SARS-CoV-2 disrupts mitochondria suggests a cause for long Covid

https://www.statnews.com/2023/08/09/long-covid-mitochondria-sars-cov-2/

"They found that the virus inhibited mitochondrial genes that produce proteins critical for making energy. And by turning down that production, SARS-CoV-2 forced the cell to use an alternative approach that it then hijacked to make more virus — much as cancer cells do to promote their own growth."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/10/2023 at 12:27 PM, BrianA said:

Study mapping how SARS-CoV-2 disrupts mitochondria suggests a cause for long Covid

My guess is that this is clickbait, as are most of these "studies" used to hype the horrors of Covid.

Of course, such headlines induce strong responses in some, which explains why those on anxiety medications make up the bulk of "long Covid" sufferers, as reported in studies cited earlier in this thread.

Influenza and other viruses interact with mitochondria in numerous and rather similar ways, yet headlines about "long flu" don't seem to generate the same horror, or justify lockdowns and censorship.

Here is an example:

Influenza Virus PB1-F2 Protein Induces Cell Death through Mitochondrial ANT3 and VDAC1

Edited by Ron Put

Speaking of censorship, Youtube appears to be gearing up to censor anything disagreeing with WHO's official positions, or those of "local authorities," whatever this means.

Remember that WHO said Covid is NOT contagious and therefore lockdowns will stop it, or that masks do not work (this was true, of course, before the Left's mobs appropriated "the science"), or that the lab leak theory was a lie. Fauci was "the science" for a while too, and Cuomo was "the true leader." It seems like many forget all too easily.

Speaking of state and institutional suppression, remember when hospitals were refusing to administer ivermectin, and physicians had their licenses taken away for prescribing it to Covid patients?

I don't have a strong opinion on the matter and still lean toward the "useless" camp, but I think those who destroyed people's careers or denied treatment choice should be punished in accordance with applicable laws.

This study that was finally cleared for publication should be at least discussed:

COVID-19 Excess Deaths in Peru’s 25 States in 2020: Nationwide Trends, Confounding Factors, and Correlations With the Extent of Ivermectin Treatment by State

7 hours ago, Ron Put said:

don't have a strong opinion on the matter and still lean toward the "useless" camp, but I think those who destroyed people's careers or denied treatment choice should be punished in accordance with applicable laws.

Also, Ivermectin might have worked by a mere placebo effect, which neverhteless is recognized by science, so denying its use they might have denied a quota of benign effect.

Conversely, issuing vaccine mandates might have worked as a nocebo effect and made sick (or even killed) people who strongly believed that vaccine was harmful.

By the way, I was later told that people who believed in the harm of vaccines found out a way to avoid it and yet not being subject to salary suspension. They organized 'Covid parties', where people met in the home of someone who was infected. This way they contracted the virus, which was considered to be equal to vaccination

A bit "yawn-generating" but still worse to read book https://www.amazon.com/Biosecurity-Dilemmas-Dreaded-Diseases-Responses/dp/1626164045

An angle of view less known by wide public about the capabilities of the states, modern time non-governmental agencies availability of the tooling to create a wreac havoc, much more devastating then neurotoxic war chemicals, the rate of laboratories leaks and so on.

Br,

Igor

Edited by IgorF

Mandates (as in forced masking and vaccinations) are back!

The CDC is quietly starting to prepare the ground.

Screenshot2023-08-26at1_34_37PM.png.a765aaa81a689b6e235bb67bd0f8b7f0.png

Rutgers, San Diego, and Lionsgate have already followed the cue by imposing mandates, with major institutions likely to soon fall in line. Rutgers reportedly already started disenrolling students who refuse to be vaccinated. Because, you know, 21-year-olds are at such high risk of Covid death and the masks and the vaccines stop the spread in its tracks.

Unless some of these people are investigated and prosecuted for what they did to us, in accordance with the law, they will keep doing it. Another contentious election is coming, and what better way to energize the troops than to scare them with the common unmasked, unvaccinated enemy?

I haven't watched any MedCram vids in a while but I really like that Doc.  YouTube recommended this one to me and I thought it was pretty interesting.  He talks about the possible health benefits of infrared light exposure and goes over a published study on the subject.  Interestingly he also makes the case for intermittent fasting in combination with IR exposure (getting outside) and says his patients are greatly benefitting from this protocol when they have long covid, brain fog, shortness of breath.

9 hours ago, Todd Allen said:

I thought Dr Vinay Prasad was a pharma fanboy

Haha, he was initially, and he openly hates Trump, but as evidence started mounting, he turned on the current Administration's coercive policies, and the corruption of the CDC and the FDA by ideology and regulator capture.

So, he has integrity, and I am sure that getting tenure helped him feel secure enough to brave the throngs of ideological zealots trying to cancel him.

15 hours ago, Ron Put said:

Haha, he was initially, and he openly hates Trump

I can't hold that against him.  There's plenty to hate about Trump although I now hate the FDA, CDC, NIH, WHO, Biden and so many other people and institutions vastly more than I ever hated on Trump.

15 hours ago, Ron Put said:

So, he has integrity, and I am sure that getting tenure helped him feel secure enough to brave the throngs of ideological zealots trying to cancel him.

Well good for him.  Although I think most universities these days deserve as much if not more hate than my previous list.

I saw an article about China’s chatbot’s response to a question about the origin of Covid:

It seems to have figured out that everyone has been looking in the wrong place.  🙃

Meet Ernie, China’s answer to ChatGPT

China’s leading artificial-intelligence (ai) chatbot, which was released to the public on August 31st, reckons that covid-19 originated among American vape users in July 2019; later that year the virus was spread to the Chinese city of Wuhan, via American lobsters. 

In a somewhat related vein, courtesy of the Xi equivalent at the Metaverse:

Threads blocks search for ‘COVID,’ ‘vaccines,’ ‘coronavirus’ over ‘disinformation’ fear

Meta Platforms’ Threads has censored search terms that include the words “COVID,” “vaccines” and “coronavirus” in a bid to thwart the spread of disinformation, the company said.

Mark Zuckerberg’s purported “Twitter killer” app rolled out its search function last week for US-based users as well as those in Canada, Mexico, India and the United Kingdom.

“The search functionality temporarily doesn’t provide results for keywords that may show potentially sensitive content,” a Meta spokesperson confirmed to The Post on Tuesday.

“People will be able to search for keywords such as “COVID” in future updates once we are confident in the quality of the results.”

• 2 weeks later...

New imaging technique finds continuing immune system activation and inflammation 2+ years after covid infection in various places in the body including brain stem and spine, plus intestinal biopsies confirm apparent ongoing sars-cov-2 lingering active infection 2+ years later. These results confirmed to correlate to individuals claiming long-covid symptoms.

"In summary, our results provide provocative evidence of long-term immune system activation in several specific tissues following SARS-CoV-2 infection, including in those experiencing Long COVID symptoms. We identified that SARS-CoV-2 persistence is one potential driver of this ongoing activated immune state, and we show that SARS-CoV-2 RNA may persist in gut tissue for nearly 2 years after the initial infection. Overall, these observations challenge the paradigm that COVID-19 is a transient acute viral infection and provide evidence for T cell activation and viral persistence in tissues well beyond the initial illness."

Multimodal Molecular Imaging Reveals Tissue-Based T Cell Activation and Viral RNA Persistence for Up to 2 Years Following COVID-19

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10418298/

SARS-CoV-2 infects coronary arteries, increases plaque inflammation

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/sars-cov-2-infects-coronary-arteries-increases-plaque-inflammation

"Additionally, the researchers found that when they compared the infection rates of SARS-CoV-2, they showed that the virus infects macrophages at a higher rate than other arterial cells. Cholesterol-laden foam cells were the most susceptible to infection and unable to readily clear the virus. This suggested that foam cells might act as a reservoir of SARS-CoV-2 in the atherosclerotic plaque. Having more build-up of plaque, and thus a greater number of foam cells, could increase the severity or persistence of COVID-19.

The researchers then turned their attention to the inflammation they predicted might occur in the plaque after infecting it with the virus. They quickly documented the release of molecules, known as cytokines, that are known to increase inflammation and promote the formation of even more plaque. The cytokines were released by infected macrophages and foam cells. The researchers said this may help explain why people who have underlying plaque buildup and then get COVID-19 may have cardiovascular complications long after getting the infection."

22 hours ago, BrianA said:

SARS-CoV-2 infects coronary arteries, increases plaque inflammation

Again, this only shows that SARS-CoV-2 has effects similar to other viruses/pathogens. But for some, it's still like the "deaths" ticker tape that CNN and the rest ran in 202-2021: It generates clicks, scares the gullible, and reaffirms the faith in the faithful that anyone who questions the dogma is a heretic who questions "The Science," an idiot anti-masker and anti-vaccer, climate-denier and grandma killer, and obviously a fascist, racist Trump-lover.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:04 AM, Todd Allen said:

but still too much a part of the system to speak obvious truths

Yeah, he has been on a roll over Covid. I just saw his video on Apoorva Mandavilli, the idiot NYT "science" reporter and Pulitzer winner who has been one of the main drivers of the ideological disinformation spewed by the now openly activist "news" outlets like the NYT. I am glad someone finally pointed to the obvious fallacies that Apoorva and the NYT have been spreading since the paper's restructuring and firing of most older reporters, to replace them with newly minted (and cheaper) liberal arts ideologues who cater to the subscriber-base bubble, but also serve as a propaganda vehicle for woke policies.

Open Access
    Published: 31 August 2023
Acute blood biomarker profiles predict cognitive deficits 6 and 12 months after COVID-19 hospitalization
    Maxime Taquet, Zuzanna Skorniewska, Adam Hampshire, James D. Chalmers, Ling-Pei Ho, Alex Horsley, Michael Marks, Krisnah Poinasamy, Betty Raman, Olivia C. Leavy, Matthew Richardson, Omer Elneima, Hamish J. C. McAuley, Aarti Shikotra, Amisha Singapuri, Marco Sereno, Ruth M. Saunders, Victoria C. Harris, Linzy Houchen-Wolloff, Neil J. Greening, Parisa Mansoori, Ewen M. Harrison, Annemarie B. Docherty, Nazir I. Lone, PHOSP-COVID Study Collaborative Group
Nature Medicine (2023)
Abstract
Post-COVID cognitive deficits, including ‘brain fog’, are clinically complex, with both objective and subjective components. They are common and debilitating, and can affect the ability to work, yet their biological underpinnings remain unknown. In this prospective cohort study of 1,837 adults hospitalized with COVID-19, we identified two distinct biomarker profiles measured during the acute admission, which predict cognitive outcomes 6 and 12 months after COVID-19. A first profile links elevated fibrinogen relative to C-reactive protein with both objective and subjective cognitive deficits. A second profile links elevated D-dimer relative to C-reactive protein with subjective cognitive deficits and occupational impact. This second profile was mediated by fatigue and shortness of breath. Neither profile was significantly mediated by depression or anxiety. Results were robust across secondary analyses. They were replicated, and their specificity to COVID-19 tested, in a large-scale electronic health records dataset. These findings provide insights into the heterogeneous biology of post-COVID cognitive deficits.

"reinfections were also linked to higher long COVID frequency and severity, compared to people who only had COVID-19 once"
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/large-study-provides-scientists-deeper-insight-into-long-covid-symptoms
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Development of a Definition of Postacute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 Infection
Tanayott Thaweethai, PhD1,2; Sarah E. Jolley, MD, MS3; Elizabeth W. Karlson, MD, MS4; et al Emily B. Levitan, ScD5; Bruce Levy, MD2,4; Grace A. McComsey, MD6; Lisa McCorkell, MPP7; Girish N. Nadkarni, MD, MPH8; Sairam Parthasarathy, MD9; Upinder Singh, MD10; Tiffany A. Walker, MD11; Caitlin A. Selvaggi, MS1; Daniel J. Shinnick, MS1; Carolin C. M. Schulte, PhD1; Rachel Atchley-Challenner, PhD12; Leora I. Horwitz, MD13; Andrea S. Foulkes, ScD1,2; RECOVER Consortium Authors; for the RECOVER Consortium
JAMA. 2023;329(22):1934-1946.
PMID: 37278994 PMCID: PMC10214179 DOI: 10.1001/jama.2023.8823
Abstract
Importance: SARS-CoV-2 infection is associated with persistent, relapsing, or new symptoms or other health effects occurring after acute infection, termed postacute sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection (PASC), also known as long COVID. Characterizing PASC requires analysis of prospectively and uniformly collected data from diverse uninfected and infected individuals.
Objective: To develop a definition of PASC using self-reported symptoms and describe PASC frequencies across cohorts, vaccination status, and number of infections.
Design, setting, and participants: Prospective observational cohort study of adults with and without SARS-CoV-2 infection at 85 enrolling sites (hospitals, health centers, community organizations) located in 33 states plus Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico. Participants who were enrolled in the RECOVER adult cohort before April 10, 2023, completed a symptom survey 6 months or more after acute symptom onset or test date. Selection included population-based, volunteer, and convenience sampling.
Exposure: SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Main outcomes and measures: PASC and 44 participant-reported symptoms (with severity thresholds).
Results: A total of 9764 participants (89% SARS-CoV-2 infected; 71% female; 16% Hispanic/Latino; 15% non-Hispanic Black; median age, 47 years [IQR, 35-60]) met selection criteria. Adjusted odds ratios were 1.5 or greater (infected vs uninfected participants) for 37 symptoms. Symptoms contributing to PASC score included postexertional malaise, fatigue, brain fog, dizziness, gastrointestinal symptoms, palpitations, changes in sexual desire or capacity, loss of or change in smell or taste, thirst, chronic cough, chest pain, and abnormal movements. Among 2231 participants first infected on or after December 1, 2021, and enrolled within 30 days of infection, 224 (10% [95% CI, 8.8%-11%]) were PASC positive at 6 months.
Conclusions and relevance: A definition of PASC was developed based on symptoms in a prospective cohort study. As a first step to providing a framework for other investigations, iterative refinement that further incorporates other clinical features is needed to support actionable definitions of PASC.

10 hours ago, AlanPater said:

“The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it,” the programmer, Alberto Brandolini, wrote in 2013.

Yep. But the irony of it obviously escapes some.

The BS that Trump was a "racist: for stopping flights from China in January 2020 (But Biden was not for banning flights to South Africa in January 2022.

The BS of "the West should lockdown like China because Covid is NOT contagious and can be stopped" (WHO, March 2020).

The BS of Faucci's "masks don't work" in May 2020 but then forcing mask-wearing outdoors in August 2020. They still don't work, based on real studies...

The BS of CDC's 42-cycle mandatory PCR tests pre-election to inflate "Covid deaths" (plus the changing the reporting rules to inflate "Covid deaths" and the financial Covid-classification incentives to hospitals). Only to have Fauci quip after the election that "anything over 36-cycles is garbage." (I believe the Ct is around 29 nowadays.)

The BS of Kamala Harris's "I won't take Trump's vaccine" in October of 2020, and the forced vaccinations imposed a few months later with the now Biden's vaccine.

The BS of the unprecedented state-led censorship and canceling of prominent scientists, for challenging Covid BS, and for discussing the "lab origins theory."

The pile of BS is really too big to list. But if we don't spend the energy to clear it, the next time it may bury the liberal democracies.